We want you to enjoy your new scrubs and lab jackets; proper care is a key element in prolonging the life of your medical uniforms. Please follow these care instructions.
Please try on all your garments before wearing or washing. We cannot accept worn or washed garments for return or exchange. If you have any questions, please contact us email@example.com or 800-942-8833.
- Always follow care instructions on the garment label.
- Separate colors and wash similar colors together.
- Choose your water temperature carefully; colors are less likely to run or fade in cold water. Whites and light colors can be washed in warmer temperatures.
- Tumble dry at lower temperatures. High temperature drying breaks down fabric fibers and may cause excessive shrinkage. Cold water washing and low heat drying save energy.
- To reduce wrinkles, remove your scrubs from the dyer while they are still warm and smooth them out.
- Natural fibers (100% cotton) shrink when washed. Please read hang tags to determine how much shrinkage to expect. The greatest shrinkage occurs lengthwise.
- We do not recommend laundering your scrubs with bleach to kill germs. Studies indicate washing in hot water with detergent kills 99% of “germs” on your scrubs and lab jackets. NOTE: Laundering with hot water will shorten the life of your uniforms, we recommend not using hot water unless absolutely necessary.
- When pressing your scrubs, do not use the “hot” setting. A hot iron can melt synthetic fabrics.
- The use of fabric softener can break down the garments fibers, thus shortening the life of your scrubs.
Scrub Med Fabrics
- 65/35 Poly/Cotton Blend: We offer two weights of Poly/Cotton fabrics; our regular weight and “Scrub Lites”. Our regular weight Poly/Cotton is an easy care fabric that wears like steel. Ideal for the everyday scrub user. Our Scrub Lite fabric is approximately half the weight of our regular Poly/Cotton. Great for those who must wear multiple layers or prefer a lighter weight scrub. Due to the lighter weight, Scrub Lites are more prone to wrinkling.
Expect a 1-2% residual shrinkage after repeated washings. 1-2% shrinkage is about ¼” on a 29” inseam.
- 100% Cotton Prints: We do not preshrink our 100% cotton prints. We cut them one size larger to accommodate shrinkage. Expect 5% shrinkage. Batik prints are preshrunk as part of the dying process and are therefore cut to size. All 100% cotton fabric shrinks at different rates and for the life of the garment.
- 100% Nylon: Dental Gowns are treated with durable water repellant (DWR) which will washout with repeated laundering. “Waterproofing” may be reapplied using a commercial product. Be sure to test for color fastness before applying.